Every body is unique but with a few basic, practical tips you can make all your bridesmaids look beautiful
Nine Formal Dresses
These days, more and more designers are creating modern, stylish plus size bridesmaid dresses. Perhaps the most crucial factor for choosing bridesmaid dresses for plus size women is to make sure they’re consistent with the other bridesmaid dresses. Dresses for plus size bridesmaids should also match the general tone of your wedding and shouldn’t dictate how all your other bridesmaids dress or feel. Start shopping early and give yourself options when choosing dresses for plus size bridesmaids. This also ensures there’s time for any alterations or fittings that might be needed prior to the wedding.
- What You Need to Know
- Shop early and research several options before selecting a dress for plus sized bridesmaids. You’ll need extra time for alterations.
- The size and selection of the dress shouldn’t be based on any one body type. Try to make all your bridesmaids look beautiful.
- Bridal stores and online stores that specialize in larger sizes are going to be your best bet for finding plus size bridesmaid dresses that are stylish and modern.
- Go with variety in the absence of a good option. Not all your bridesmaids have to wear the same kind of dress.
Find the right source. Bridal stores and online stores that specialize in larger sizes are going to be your best bet for finding plus size bridesmaid dresses that are stylish and modern. This is why shopping early is crucial. You want to find a store that has a few selections for plus size women or which can source the dresses needed in the appropriate sizes. Just because a store stocks a certain bridesmaid dress in sizes 2 to 10 on the rack doesn’t mean the dress isn’t available in larger sizes. Get friendly with a sales associate, who can order the dress in the right sizes or can suggest a similar dress available in plus sizes.
Choose a dress that flatters. Just because it’s a dress for a plus size woman doesn’t mean it has to be frumpy. Find a dress that flatters an hourglass figure with a nipped waist and slight A-line skirt. Choose cap sleeves, which provide coverage for arms without concealing too much, or have coordinating sashes whipped up by a tailor in a hue similar to that of the dress. This covers arms while still looking chic. The ideal hem for most plus size women is right below the knees, which creates a longer, leaner look.
Go with variety. If not all of your bridesmaids are a plus size, there’s no reason for them all to wear the same dress. As with any other dress, there are certain features and details that accentuate a woman’s unique figure. Giving each of your bridesmaids the option to choose what style of dress to wear gives her the opportunity to feel the most comfortable and confident on your wedding day. Remember to keep the colors, fabrics and hemlines uniform to create a cohesive look for pictures.
If you’re really having difficulty finding a dress for your plus size bridesmaids, one increasingly popular alternative is to tell give them the color they need to match so that they can select a dress that they like instead. You can refer them to a particular store or give them other specific parameters if you want to have some measure of uniformity to your entourage’s appearance.
- Tips & Warnings
- Dark colors slim everyone, but more important is the fit of the dress.
- If a bridesmaid doesn’t feel comfortable in her bridesmaid dress, offer to go shopping with her for shape wear, which can smooth out any figure (not just plus size).
- For spring and summer weddings, focus on superior fit versus color choice to make plus size bridesmaids feel confident.